2009-09-03

Moving to Systems Support

I'm trying to decide how to split my job functions. Our group was in BIS until this week. Now development is being pulled into marketing and systems work is being moved to the system support group in BIS. Yes, I know that I should have gone with a company that develops software as a principal line of business. I prefer to develop software, but moving to marketing is out of the question. The environment appears very toxic, which may be an understatement.

Provided I can stay on the software side, life shouldn't be too bad. I looks like managing the JBoss and ColdFusion services, along with the databases can provide sufficient work for the foreseeable future. I'm still looking for someone to train on the Subversion and Trac environments. They want to move the Liferay portals in-house, so I have the better part of a year to find something more interesting to do, or move on to someplace that creates software.

No comments: